The Food Bank of Lincoln has a dedicated staff of employees in a number of interesting and diverse positions.
Occasionally we are recruiting people who are dedicated to our mission of feeding hungry people in the area.
Any positions currently accepting applications will be posted here.
The Mission of the Food Bank of Lincoln is to Alleviate Hunger in Southeast Nebraska.**Apply Now**
Position: Front Office Specialist (Part-time; $13-$15/hour)
Reports to: Communications Director
Responsibilities: The Food Bank of Lincoln is looking for a professional who can oversee front office duties and volunteer activities. We need a professional person with strong organizational skills, a belief in our mission, and someone who will bring their positive attitude to the Food Bank each day.
The ideal candidate will be a good listener who is willing to take direction on projects. Strong candidates will find ways to maintain or improve efficiency practices and efforts to alleviate hunger.
• Serve as a first point of contact for guests who visit or contact the Food Bank.
• Proactively greet visitors with a warm welcome, and provide useful information/direction for volunteers and donors.
• Supervise front office volunteers, and ensure there is always reception coverage during normal business hours.
• Answer all inquiries with a sense of superior customer service.
• Respond promptly and courteously to phone and e-mail inquiries.
• Recruit and provide guidance for volunteers throughout the year, working closely with Operations/Distribution Team.
• Schedule special promotions, working closely with Operations Team to ensure we have detailed, accurate information for deliveries and pickups.
• Manage office activity: office supplies orders, leased equipment (postage machine, copier) maintenance, bulletin board updates, lobby TV slideshow, room set-up/meeting preparation, and light cleaning of designated areas.
• Provide back-up coverage for receiving and sorting of mail, deliveries, etc.
• Support development and outreach activities, including special events, communications, tours and presentations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Team player who maintains professional approach at all times.
• Great listener and communicator, especially when working with staff and volunteers.
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with database entry.
• Attention to accuracy.
• Must be able to work independently, keep on track and accomplish tasks without direct supervision.
The Food Bank of Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please call (402) 466-8170
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.