The Food Bank of Lincoln has a dedicated staff of employees in a number of interesting and diverse positions.
Occasionally we are recruiting people who are dedicated to our mission of feeding hungry people in the area.
Any positions currently accepting applications will be posted here.
Reports To: Child Hunger Program Director**Apply Now**
Responsibilities: To provide oversight and assistance in the operation and promotion of the Food Bank Child Hunger Programs.
1. Communicate with all partner schools on a regular basis regarding the operation of the program.
2. Assist in the design of menus for the program.
3. Create packing and distribution calendars for the program.
4. Oversee the purchasing of the Child Hunger Programs’ food along with Inventory Control Director.
5. Work in conjunction with the Child Hunger Warehouse Logistics coordinator to assist in the distribution of the backpack sacks on a weekly basis.
6. Build relationships with the VOICE Program students and educators.
7. Oversee the School Coordinators community volunteer force which links the partner schools with the Food Bank.
8. Oversight in the maintenance of the LPS Emergency Pantry operation.
9. Support and assist in executing Food Safety Programs.
10. Work with satellite packing operations to maintain contact and standards.
11. Conduct annual site visits to satellite packing sites.
12. Weekly BackPack and Food Market distribution site visits.
13. Coordinate Summer BackPack Program and Food Market Program.
14. Promote the program in the Food Bank service area through speaking engagements.
15. Assist in the fund-raising for the programs.
16. Be an advocate for our Child Hunger Programs, families and partner schools.
17. BackPack reporting to granting organizations, Feeding America.
18. Other Duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
1. A valid Nebraska Driver’s license
2. Must be insurable
3. Must undergo background check
4. College degree preferred but not required
5. Ability to communicate with diverse groups
6. Computer skills
7. Demonstrated follow through
8. Good organizational skills a must
9. Self-Motivation a must
DEADLINE TO APPLY for this position is Monday, Feb. 22, 2016.
If you have additional questions about this role, please contact Alynn Sampson, director of child hunger programs at (402) 466-8170, ext. 141 or via email.
The Food Bank of Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please call (402) 466-8170
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.