Recent Agency News
Mrs. Gerry’s Kitchen Issues Allergen Alert
Mrs. Gerry’s Kitchen Inc. of Albert Lea, MN is issuing a voluntary recall of the following items:
Mrs. Gerry’s Homestyle Egg Salad 5 LB 4/13/18
Mrs. Gerry’s Egg Salad 5 LB 4/13/18
Mrs. Gerry’s Deviled Egg Potato Salad All sizes 4/23/18
Mrs. Gerry’s Original Potato Salad All sizes 4/23/18
Mrs. Gerry’s Gourmet Potato Salad 12 LB 4/13/18
Mrs. Gerry’s Deli Fresh Potato Salad All sizes 4/26/18
Mrs. Gerry’s Old-Fashioned Potato Salad All sizes 4/13/18
Open Acres American Salad All sizes 4/26/18
Open Acres Chunky Potato Salad w/Egg All sizes 4/13/18
Festival Potato Salad All sizes 4/8/18
Knowlan’s Homestyle Potato Salad 12 LB 4/13/18
Market Fresh Potato Salad 12 LB 4/13/18
The salads may contain undeclared traces of imitation crab meat. People who have allergies to fish or shell fish run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. The recalled salad was shipped to retail and food service distributers in IL, IA, KS, MI, MN, MT, NE, ND, SD, UT, and WI. No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
Mrs. Gerry’s takes the safety and quality of our products very seriously. Customers or consumers who have purchased any of these items are urged to discard the products or return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Customer Service at Mrs. Gerry’s Kitchen, Inc. at 1-800-642-9662.
BAYER ISSUES VOLUNTARY RECALL
Bayer is voluntarily recalling Alka-Seltzer Plus® packages that:
• Were sold only in the U.S. at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens and Kroger (including Dillons Food Stores, Fred Meyer, Fry’s Food Stores, Ralphs, King Soopers and Smith’s Food and Drug) after February 9, 2018.
• Can be identified by checking the Bayer logo located on the lower left corner of the front of the carton. If the logo has an orange or green background, the product is included in the recall.
The affected packages are being recalled because the ingredients on the front sticker may not match the actual product in the carton.
Consumers who purchased packages of Alka-Seltzer Plus that are being recalled should stop using the product and contact Bayer with questions, to report any issues experienced or for instructions about how to receive a refund.
Consumers with questions about this recall can contact Bayer Consumer Relations at: 1-800-986-0369 (available Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET). Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this drug product.
Join us on Friday, March 2 to Mark 100 Million Pounds
You are invited to attend an open house event to recognize the distribution of the Food Bank’s 100 millionth pound of food since the Food Bank opened more than 35 years ago.
Friday, March 2 • 10-11 a.m.
Food Bank of Lincoln • 4840 Doris Bair Circle, Ste. A
“It took 35 years, thousands of volunteers and donors, and hundreds of staffers to get to this mark,” said Scott Young, Food Bank Executive Director. “It will take just a little over a decade to distribute our second 100 million pounds as we strive to distribute more and more healthful foods. Not a single pound out of these hundred million could have been distributed without a caring community of people who have a hunger to help.”
A brief program will begin shortly after 10 a.m. and include remarks from Food Bank Executive Director Scott Young, Lincoln Mayor Chris Beutler, and Kayla Ondrak, a Food Bank client and graduate of the Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World series.
Please RSVP by Noon on Thursday, March 1
to Corrine at (402) 466-8170, ext. 121 or via email
Triple T Specialty Meats, Inc., an Ackley, Iowa establishment, is recalling approximately 20,630 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken salad products that may be contaminated with Salmonella Typhimurium, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The ready-to-eat chicken salad items were produced on various dates between Jan. 2, 2018 and Feb. 7, 2018. The following products are subject to recall:
• 3950 lbs. of two 5 lb. bags with “CHICKEN SALAD, PACKED FOR FAREWAY WHOLESALE COMPANY” on the label with a pack date of 01/02/18.
• 1250 lbs. of two 5 lb. bags with “CHICKEN SALAD, PACKED FOR FAREWAY WHOLESALE COMPANY” on the label with a pack date of 01/03/18.
• 3700 lbs. of two 5 lb. bags with “CHICKEN SALAD, PACKED FOR FAREWAY WHOLESALE COMPANY” on the label with a pack date of 01/12/18.
• 2010-lbs. of two 5 lb. bags with “CHICKEN SALAD, PACKED FOR FAREWAY WHOLESALE COMPANY” on the label with a pack date of 01/19/18.
• 3660-lbs. of two 5 lb. bags with “CHICKEN SALAD, PACKED FOR FAREWAY WHOLESALE COMPANY” on the label with a pack date of 01/24/18.
• 2770-lbs. of two 5 lb. bags with “CHICKEN SALAD, PACKED FOR FAREWAY WHOLESALE COMPANY” on the label with a pack date of 01/31/18.
• 3290-lbs. of two 5 lb. bags with “CHICKEN SALAD, PACKED FOR FAREWAY WHOLESALE COMPANY” on the label with a pack date of 02/07/18.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-21011” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to Fareway grocery stores in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
Media and consumers with questions regarding the recall can contact Jolene Heikens, chief executive officer of Triple T Specialty Meats, Inc., at (641) 847-0031.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854 ) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.