Recent Agency News
Change of Address
Attention all Agencies...
The Food Bank of Lincoln is dropping their PO Box and converting BACK to their street address beginning February 1st, 2016.
Beginning February 1st, all mail should be addressed as follows:
Food Bank of Lincoln
4840 Doris Bair Circle, Ste A
Lincoln NE 68504
Holiday wishes to you from the Food Bank of Lincoln
ACTION ALERT/CALL-IN from FEEDING AMERICA
Urgent update: tax package is at risk! Call Congress today!
Right now, Congress is working on a tax package that would renew or make permanent several expiring tax provisions. A deal was close, but it's now on the ropes. This is the closest we've been to getting charitable tax incentives expanded and made permanent and we need your voice now more than ever!
(This is a bill to provide incentives to farmers and food manufacturers to donate leftover/unused food to nonprofits (often Food Banks)).
We are joining nonprofits from around the country and calling Congress today to convince them to expand and make permanent the food donation tax deduction and other charitable tax incentives. Will you join us?
Call Congress Today!
Calling Congress is easy. Here's how:
1. Just dial our toll free number, (888) 398-8702, listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted.
2. Once you are connected to your first senator, state that you are a constituent, and give your name and the town you are calling from.
3. Let them know you are calling about tax policy and deliver this important message:
As your constituent and supporter/employee of [YOUR FOOD BANK NAME], I am calling you to urge you to include the America Gives More Act charitable tax incentives in the final tax package currently being negotiated in Congress. Feeding America food banks are providing food for 46.5 million Americans a year and need more food to meet the need. At the same time, over 70 billion pounds of food are wasted each year here in America. You can help us get more food to those in need by passing charitable giving tax incentives immediately.
4. Be sure to dial back in and speak with both of your senators and your representative.
5. Help us spread the word by sharing this alert on social media!
RECALL: Wild Mushroom Soup
Brett Anthony Foods of Elk Grove Village Illinois is recalling 109, 24oz cups of Wild Mushroom Soup because it may contain undeclared chestnuts. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to chestnuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The Wild Mushroom Soup was sold by Whole Foods Markets in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota and Nebraska.
The Wild Mushroom Soup is packaged in a plastic 24oz cup labeled Whole Foods Market, Wild Mushroom Soup. Its expiration date is 112115 located on the bottom of the cups.
Consumers who have purchased the Wild Mushroom Soup are urged to return to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 847-272-4309, Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 3:00 CST
All American Meats, Inc. Recalls Ground Beef
All American Meats, Inc., an Omaha, Neb. establishment, is recalling approximately 167,427 pounds of ground beef products that may be adulterated with E. coli O157:H7, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The ground beef items were produced on Oct. 16, 2015. The following products are subject to recall:
• 80-lb. (approximate weight) boxes of “Ground Beef 80% Lean 20% Fat (Fine Grind)” with Sell By Date 11-03-2015 and case code 62100.
• 80-lb. (approximate weight) boxes of “Ground Beef 73% Lean 27% Fat (Fine Grind)” with Sell By Date 11-03-2015 and case code 60100.
• 60-lb. (approximate weight) boxes of “Ground Beef Round 85% Lean 15% Fat (Fine Grind)” with Sell By Date 11-03-2015 and case code 68560.
• 60-lb. (approximate weight) boxes of “Ground Beef Chuck 81% Lean 19% Fat (Fine Grind)” with Sell By Date 11-03-2015 and case code 68160.
• 60-lb. (approximate weight) boxes of “Ground Beef Chuck 81% Lean 19% Fat (Fine Grind)” with Sell By Date 11-03-2015 and case code 63130.
• 80-lb. (approximate weight) boxes of “Ground Beef Chuck 81% Lean 19% Fat (Fine Grind)” with Sell By Date 11-03-2015 and case code 63100.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 20420” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.